Monday, July 20, 2015

Because the #Marlins are bad.... Ranking of stadiums!!!

Well the #Marlins lost again....










I mean you can blame it on injuries or poor ownership or I do not know honestly.... It was the year no one expected.... I mean we can look forward to an all-star game in 2017 which actually means our ownership won't sell until after it... DAMMIT!
Ugh this guy..... 

Ugh so since the season is officially a lost cause and hopefully they trade Dan Haren and Matt Latos away because YES IT MAKES BASEBALL SENSE!!!!! I will tell you that this summer I reached a life goal of seeing every single MLB baseball stadium currently in use... All 30 +2 because Minnesota and Miami got slick on me so I will rank them all from 1-32 because I'm bored and as a teacher in the summer....why not?

I'll start with 30, 31, and 32  because its the nice thing to do. Remember it is only my opinion and you can tell me different ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE!

Stadium 32: Tropicana Field....

God this place.... It was one of the first stadiums I saw a game in live and definitely didn't know better but now that I have seen them all... first location....

St. Petersburg.... It is impossible to get to you...seriously takes hours of transit time to get to you and traffic. Oh hell no.... and then you arrive to this.

A half ass slanted building.... where balls always hit the roof...ALWAYS...and do not get me started on the cowbells, this isn't a Mississippi State football game. I know I am cheering for the Marlins but if they are up by ten runs; stop ringing the damn cowbell in my ear!! They did have an actual Ray tank which is their one redeeming quality but it sucks in there...  It does not feel like baseball.... not once not ever...


31: O.co Colliseum

What can I say nice about this place that makes it better than Tropicana Field. They care about their team... They do! The atmosphere shows that they love the A's but it does feel like the home of the Raiders... It is outrageously spacious in just a horrible part of town. I can not say one thing about Oakland and feel safe saying it.... I might get mugged just typing this.... The only positive is that the BART station is walking distance to the stadium and by walking I mean you can avoid Oakland.... 



They are hoping to build a new stadium but it is tough because San Jose is their best option which infringes on San Francisco territory.... Those two teams want new stadiums and thus are perfect for the bottom of the list....

30: Sun Life Stadium:

I miss one thing and one thing only about that place....doubleheaders...I  went to the last three doubleheaders because in my life there is nothing cooler than two games for the price of one! I even went to one that started at 5 pm and had the second game go 13 innings and finish at 2 am!! It was home for my Florida Marlins but it sucked... The location was horrendous and they had games like these...



Nothing like a weekday 12 o'clock game in April May or September were no one even could drive all the way to Miami Gardens, pay ten dollars to park and sick in the blistering sun to see a mediocre team play baseball!... And once they knew they were moving to Marlins park they stopped even doing repairs on the place.... The Teal Monster has so many broken lights... What a joke. It was home though and that is why I will be biased and put it at 30.... It did see the 1997 and 2003 World Series too and had the most ever fans in a World Series game and will always hold that record....


Next up: Later today...Another stadium that no longer exists...





No comments:

Post a Comment